Claim Forms - Motor/Medical/Non Motor
Download Our Guide In Case of Accident, some very useful tips for all:
Here are some guidelines that we recommend our clients to follow in case their vehicle(s) is/are involved in a road accident where the AGREED STATEMENT OF FACTS form cannot be used
* - When two drivers agree on the circumstances of the accident :
- Do not move your vehicle from the spot unless ordered by the Police to do so.
- Put the hazard lights on and place the reflecting triangles at a reasonable distance from the rear of the vehicle
- Do not leave the damaged vehicle unattended.
- Report the accident immediately to the nearest Police Station. (In case you cannot report the accident immediately you must do so within 4 hours).
- In case there is more than two vehicles involved in the accident or when there is casualties or where there is any doubt either on the circumstances or the procedure to be followed, Do not accept liability .You must immediately make an entry at the Police Station without relating the circumstances of the accident and seek for legal assistance from us to give a statement and a full description of the occurrence at the Police.
- Record the following:- Vehicles registration number and makes, name of the drivers/owners involved ,their addresses , their telephone numbers, names and addresses of independent witnesses.
- If there are casualties (fatal, serious or slight injuries ) do not accept liability and telephone either :
Mr David Rault Telephone Number 5498-2041 .
Mr. Vanessen Sadien Telephone Number 5422-9300
During business hours:
Claims Department Telephone No 203-1055.
- Call in person immediately at our Claims Department accompanied with the driver (in case the vehicle was being driven by someone else than you) bringing the driving licence of the driver, his National Identity card, the Police Form PF 96, the Insurance certificate and the Log book of the car (Horse Power card).
- It is important to take the following in consideration when completing the AGREED STATEMENT OF FACTS form:-
- (a) Give a very clear indication of the point of impact ( 3A and 3B on the form).
- (b) Give a very clear description of the accident (5A and 5B on the form). Remember that description of accident by driver of vehicle A, must tally with the description as given by the driver of vehicle B.
- (c) When drawing the Sketch Plan: Show the position , Point of impact and Direction in which the vehicles were moving at the time of the accident (If there is any continuous or broken white lines, Please indicate same clearly ).
- (d) Put the exact Date, Time and Location of the accident under Attendant Circumstances on the form.
- (e) Follow the instructions on the AGREED STATEMENT OF FACTS form to ascertain when the form cannot be used.
- (f) Please note that it is an offence under the Act if you do not notify the accident to your insurer and if you do not forward the AGREED STATEMENT OF FACTS form to your insurer within 5 days from the date of the accident.
- (g) Furthermore it is important to note that we cannot entertain any claim if we do not receive a duly completed MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT REPORT FORM of The Mauritius Union Assurance Company Limited. The driver must call at the office accompanied with the Policyholder to produce his driving licence and National Identity Card to complete the MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT REPORT FORM.
- NB: DO NOT FORGET WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING A VEHICLE TO HAVE THE INSURANCE VIGNETTE, YOUR DRIVING LICENCE, AN AGREED STATEMENT OF FACTS FORM, AN INDELIBLE YELLOW CHALK OR YELLOW INDELIBLE MARKER AND ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT AS REQUIRED BY THE LAW.
Medical FAQ »
Medical FAQ Français »